Friday, March 10, 2017

family history

FUGG9228
as i mentioned earlier, we have a lot of family history on oahu. my great grandparents and grandma were there when pearl harbor was attacked. my grandma was 7 years old and remembers seeing the planes coming in to attack. years later that grandma got married at kawaiahao church in honolulu. jackie anderson (my grandma) and william (bill) hobb (my grandpa) were wed in november of 1952. the church they were married in was a hawaiian church, and usually white people were not allowed to get married there. but my great grandparents had friends they had made when they were there in the 40’s who pulled some strings. it is a beautiful church. gosh, i wish i could time travel back and see them. they were a stunning couple. almost 65 years later they have 3 children, 8 grandchildren, and 15 great grandchildren. so thankful we got to visit.
IMG_3849
IMG_3853
P1000376
the church was absolutely beautiful inside...
IMG_3738
11 months later on october 18, 1953 my mom was born at tripler hospital in honolulu. the funny thing is, just a few years after my mom was born there, adam’s dad was born there too. what are the chances?!?
IMG_7340
such a fun stop

No comments:

Post a Comment