Monday, May 25, 2015

falling trees


IMG_6876
we love trees, don’t get me wrong. but two full size blue spruce trees in our yard was a little much.  from our kitchen window i could see ….you guessed it…spruce. no sky. no skyline. just spruce.  they just had to come down.  this was my “view,” and it made me a little claustrophobic.
IMG_6886
they were big mamma jamas…eli and his friend jeremiah helped a LOT.
IMG_6913

IMG_6830
meanwhile, i loaded the van with replacements…i’m telling ya, i’m beyond thankful for my minivan.
IMG_7831
after a lot of digging, rock removing, and stump cutting, we finally got to plant.  i love being able to see the sky and the trees blow in the wind. it’s scary taking down such huge trees, i was afraid i wouldn’t like it, but I LOVE it. such a relief:)

No comments:

Post a Comment