Thursday, April 26, 2012

mini buns

IMG_8722
we had our first attempt at hamburger bun making the other day.  lyla helped me kneed the dough and loved every millisecond.  i've decided that she’s either going to become a song writer or a chef…or a song writing chef.  she loves to cook and sings to herself all the time.  such a fun age.
IMG_8737
we followed the recipe and divided up the dough as stated.  the balls of dough seemed little, but what did i know? this was my first time hamburger bun making:) so, we ended up with mini buns. luckily we hadn’t thrown the patties on the bbq yet.  the outcome was fun, look at these cutie patooties…they tasted okay, eli LOVED them and told me i'm “the best bread maker ever."  i'll take it.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! Funny, I just recently tried making hamburger buns as well. The first time I made them they were perfect; the second time not so much. But the time spent was worth it either way. Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sliders! They look awesome. How fun.

    ReplyDelete