Friday, March 23, 2012

eli and i

it’s not often that eli and i hang out together, just the two of us. he and adam go do man things while lyla and i do what ladies do best ~ shop, eat, cook and talk. but back to eli, we went to bogus today and it.was.awesome. on the lift with a serious tone in his voice he said, “i love this. you, me and fun.” it was just the sweetest thing. he then proceed to snuggle his head into me (as much as you can with a helmet and goggles) and talk about how awesome it was that we were there.
         on another note, he’s always wanted (even before he knew how to ski) to hit the jumps. so, we’re going down the jump run, he spots a tabletop with a spine, he asks, i ok, he goes, he CLEARS the entire 5 foot table, sticks the landing and keeps going. i freak out, the bogus worker who was working on the park yells at me “he totally cleared that!" i laugh. i scold him for going to fast. i attaboy him for being awesome. it was a sweet day.

3 comments:

  1. I sooo wish I could have seen that jump! And I'm glad I didn't so that the whole snuggly helment moment was possible.

    Sounds like a dream of a day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! wish I could have seen that. So glad you guys had some bonding time.

    ReplyDelete