Tuesday, September 14, 2010

mama's weekend

we've been on a countdown for months. a whole weekend away with friends, no kiddos, just us. it was really fantastic. what awesome daddy's we have in our group to give us such a gift.

a rundown of events: arrive at our temporary home, sequel at our temporary home, unpack, take a walk by the lake looking for the sushi restaurant, find sushi the restaurant, eat sushi, laugh a lot, go for a dip in the jacuzzi, talk, stay up late talking, laugh a lot, sleep...until 9:30am, eat breakfast, go thrift store shopping, go on a beautiful hike, crochet, make dinner, eat, laugh a lot, crochet, watch pride and prejudice, stay up late, sleep in, load up, move out, drive home, hug beautiful kiddos, happy. phew.

the saturday hike. i forgot to take a picture of the fall:(

the hikers

and last but not least, mr. foxy fox strutted his stuff outside our window every day, he was such a poser...

such fun!

1 comment:

  1. That all sounds so wonderful! I'm glad you had fun. I can totally hear the non-stop, contagious laughter from you all that I love.
    Do you think your husbands will be glad to let you all go again soon?!! With me?? I'll just clear my calendar for the next 12 months until I hear from you.

    ReplyDelete