Friday, July 23, 2010

3 going on 14 part two : 4 going on 15

almost a year and a half ago eli had this to say about katelyn. we've seen her a few times since then, which involves a lot of staring/watching on eli's part. a few days ago i informed him that we were going to katelyn and ryan's house to go swimming. he looked at me wide. eyed. and slightly horrified and the following ensued:

eli-but she'll see my nakedness!!!
me- no, you'll wear your swim trunks (of course)
eli- yeah, but she'll see my boobies!!!
me- well, it's okay if people see boys boobies, just not girls. that's why lyla has a swim suit that covers her up.
eli-i want a swimsuit like lyla.
me- now that would be silly.

from there i convinced him that it was okay for katelyn to see his "nakedness."
but when we got to her house it took him a while to shake off his embarrassed/shy self and begin to play. wow. it's going to be a loooooong 23+ years until that boys gets married.

we had a great time melinda, thanks for having us!

2 comments:

  1. How amazing that this all starts so early!!! The thought of Eli in Lyla's type of swimsuit cracks me up...you have to save that quote for him when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get him a rashguard. Male modesty is to be admired. :) Levi still wears one and he's going to be 14 next week.

    ReplyDelete