Monday, October 19, 2009

big impressions

my mom and i had a cup of coffee after lunch today. we were at this really fancy restaurant, and when i say "fancy," i mean it had nice play equipment for the kids. anyway, they had those little cups of creamer that have the foil/paper lid that you peel off. eli wanted to drink one so bad, so i let him finish off one that i half used.

he said, "this is my spirit"

i'm thinking, "what? has he been watching some crazy halloween program on tv that i somehow missed?...some witch potion show or something?"

seeing my confusion, my mom mouths to me, "communion!"

the guy was taking communion with a coffee creamer at burger king. how sweet is that?

communion has made a huge impression. he acts it out and talks about it all the time. he believes in Jesus and His death on the cross, as much as a three year old can, so we've decided that we are going to let him partake next time we have it. i really can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. How precious! I am excited for him, too. I just love hearing all about it from Eli's perspective.

    ReplyDelete