Thursday, July 23, 2009

oh, lyla

i don't know how we escaped it the first time around. i hear stories from parents all the time about it happening in the grocery store, restaurants or other public places. and don't get me wrong, i've never taken for granted my lack of experience in this area. i counted my blessings many times. but i have also always worried that the second one would be different...well, she is.

yesterday i experienced my first in-store-temper-tantrum. i kind of feel like i've joined the inner circle of parenthood. i withstood the screaming, back arching, and head throwing. yes, i've gone to war and came out alive.

our other issues: hitting and throwing things. i know, where does a one year old learn these things!?! she threw a car at me this morning because she was mad that she could not touch the computer. wow.

she is lucky she's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment